1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Celebrating that William graduated from the University of Alabama! It was one of the most amazing days. I don't think I have ever been so proud of him! A finance degree wasn't easy for him and finding a job still proves to be a challenge. I know one day the hard work will pay off.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
YES! Last year I made the choice after about 4 years of smoking to quit! I haven't smoked since last New Year's Eve and I am SO proud of myself. This year, I hope to feel better about myself all around by cleaning my house regularly, making better grades and doing what I enjoy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, that fabulous cousin I mentioned earlier, has a fabulous friend Anne Anne welcomed a lovely little man this year. I cannot wait to meet him!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Well, technically my GMa died in 2008, but it was the beginning of December. I missed her every day of 2009.
5. What places did you visit?
- Orlando, FL--DISNEYWORLD!!
- Memphis, TN
- Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic
- Santa Rosa Beach, FL
- Gatlinburg, TN
Be more on top of everything I do! Feel less stressed out by taking on less! DO MY LAUNDRY! You have no idea how difficult it can be to go to a Laundromat. Do what I can for the dogs of the world that need love!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
February 6th, 2009--the day I brought Grace Kelly into my little apartment with Mallory. It was a scary day, and a day filled with excitement!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It would be a tie between 2 things:
- Being selected to be a 2009 Sigma Rho Chi. For the non-Greeks, I was selected to help guide the incoming freshman going through sorority recruitment. I was able to bond with the girls and make an impact on their first week at Alabama. I dealt with all kinds of drama and was able to really see what great things sorority life can bring! Bid Day, the day the girls find out which house they would call home, was one of the proudest of my life! I know I sound super corny but it was a great feeling knowing that I did my part to bring their bid cards to them!
- Not killing Grace Kelly. When I first brought her home she was very skiddish and had a lot of health problems. I spent A LOT of time worrying about her, and I am so amazed by her everyday! She is such a blessing I am glad to see what the next year with her will bring.
Late 2009 brought some serious heartburn and some tummy troubles. Icky.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
I first bought it in 2008, but late 2009 required a new iPhone! Obsessed with the 3G and cannot wait to see what Apple does next....I'm already drooling over the iPad.
11. Where did most of your money go?
A lot of my money went to my graduation present to William, a wonderful and magical trip to Walt Disney World for 4 days in the summer. The rest of my fortune, I say that with laughter in my voice, went to my closet and summer school. ohh, and my finance grad significant other made me put some in savings, how boring!
12. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I'm like Pandora radio, I'm so random it hurts. I loved Taylor Swift this year along with the rest of the free world. But I also was shaking my boo-tay quite a few times to "Right Round" and everything by Three 6 Mafia.
13. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Ehh, I'd say I'm a happy girl every year.
Thinner? I don't want to brag but... :)
Richer? HAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm a college student with a traveling and shopping bug.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
My school work for Fall 2009, but hey it was a great semester to be a student at Alabama! So I like everyone else that got "distracted" blame the BCS National Championship season :) ROLL TIDE!!!
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry and then shut myself down. I'm a classic get nothing down when I'm worried or nervous. I wish I could channel that energy to something positive.
16. How did you spend Christmas?
The lovely city of Atlanta with my amazing family.
17. How did you spend New Year’s?
Drunk as a skunk with William, Daddy, Susan and their friends at the annual Saint Ives Gala.
18. Did you fall in love in 2009?
With Grace Kelly its a constant thing. I fall in love with her every moment of every day.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
My TiVo is quite busy. I'm religious about: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Project Runway, Chopped, Two and a Half Men, Greek, Secret Life, Teen Mom and Jersey Shore. A new favorite: American Pickers. We watch a lot of TV in my house!
20. What was the best book you read?
As an English major reading is my thing. I fell in love with a few old favorites and discovered some great new ones.
Here’s my list I suggest you look into this year:
The Great Gatsby (I know you read it a hundred years ago, but look at it again as an adult, its almost a different book)
The "Almost" Series by Julie Ortolon (great for the Caribbean beaches)
Queen Takes the King by Gigi Levangie Grazer (my MUST read)
Jane Eyre (absolute classic)
2010 I hope will be another great year for my reading. I'm half-way into Married Lovers by Jackie Collins and just finished Shakespeare's Twelfth Night again. Spring and Summer are always big reading seasons for me, so stay tuned! And I absolutely cannot wait until Candace Bushnell releases "Carrie Diaries".
21. Best musical discovery?
LOVED Colbie Calliat's sophomore CD, "Breakthrough". You MUST listen to "Droplets". My other little gem is the rediscovery of Reddi's "Perfect". I've taken it to be a motto for my life now! You might recognize it from "Lipstick Jungle".
22. What lessons did you learn?
You don't study; you don't do well in school. You let other people take advantage of you, you get hurt.
23. Most exciting moment?
I watched the Alabama Crimson Tide win the SEC Championship. I watched Mark Ingram bring home Alabama's FIRST Heisman Trophy. And although it was technically 2010, it was based off the 2009 season--I watched the Alabama Crimson Tide bring home the BCS National Championship!!
24. What was your favorite film of this year?
My answer never changes--The American President. Although I loved The Blind Side and The Proposal--it was Sandra's year. And HATED Inglorious Basterds.
25. What did you do on your birthday?
I saw Bride Wars and had dinner with William and our close couple friends, Stephen and Hilary. William and I then enjoyed some nice vodka and a dance night sponsored by the late 90's including the old classic "Vega Bus". It was a silly night but a lot of fun. This year I turn the big 2-1 so I cannot wait to celebrate my birthday!!
Hard to believe I fit 2009 in such a nutshell. I look forward to everything that twenty-ten will bring. I wish nothing but the best for everyone! I feel so blessed to have the chance to share my thoughts and ramblings on my blog. Happy New Year!