“The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.”
When I started JJ's Ways, I was in college and we were required to keep a blog for a summer class. God, 2009 seems like forever ago. Then I kept it going for a bit, sharing snip its here and there. Over the years I've changed so much, and when I finished up at Alabama and began my post-grad life in Montgomery, I picked up the habit again, mainly to share the stories of my not-so-normal career choice.
I have no idea where this space on the internet is going to go over the next few years. My goal is to keep it alive, sharing our daily snip-its, big milestones and fun nonsense. As a person with a career in writing, who often writes draft after draft of something, you'd think I would be better about blogging.
As part of my nomination, I am to share seven things about myself and nominate up to fifteen of my favorite blogs. Fifteen seems like a lot. The first one seems easy, considering what I do for a living. The second is the challenge. I follow a wide range of blogs, some written by friends, some written by strangers. Some that warm my heart, some that annoy me. Some riddled with affiliate links and "AdChoice" banners and some that don't have any ads at all. They all have a place in my daily Bloglovin' feed.
First things first, seven things about me you might not know.
- I'm super sickly. Stomach bug's going around? I'll get it. A kid at the daycare has pink eye? Give me two days and I'll be in my glasses. My immune system is just complete crap and has been that way since I went through puberty. I know, I'm super weird.
- My father is a Finebaum character and I don't know how I feel about it.
- I take really horrible pictures. My phone camera sucks, and I rarely lug out my DSLR. Every "good" picture of my children has been taken by someone else.
- I have a terrible habit of staring at people.
- I oddly have an obsession with serial killers. I love knowing how they work and what sort of disgusting things they've done. Speaking of, if you are into that sort of thing, watch The Frozen Ground immediately.
- If I haven't been to Pure Barre I likely haven't showered.
- I give up sweets every year for Lent and every year around week three I become a super struggle and just want a cupcake ALL THE DANG TIME.