Monday, March 16

Day in the Life

For this week's currently, I thought I might change it up a little bit. Yesterday at Church, and Thursday at Pure Barre, and Saturday when my Momma visited, I was asked the same question, "How do you do it all in a day?"

So I figured again, more for my own record keeping sake, I might as well write down what the week days look like around here. Now, there's always wiggle room, like last week when I had two receptions after work, or this morning when I didn't quite spring out of bed on time. But, basically, this is what a typical work day looks like for this girl.

Typical Work Day
Between 5:15-6am–Wake up, This varies on the day but I am usually up no later than 6:15am every morning to straighten up the house, get a load of dishes going, sometimes a load of laundry and prepare the twins' stuff for school, laying out their clothes, making their breakfast.

7am—Babies and Mark are up, and they get snack bottles and some veggies with cereal. I'm usually still messing around getting things in place and getting dressed for work. Mark is responsible for feeding and dressing the babies.

Between 7:50-8:05—This is the ideal time we are out of the house and en route to school. Doesn't always happen this way, but that's the goal.

Between 8:20-8:30—Drop off at school, check in with Miss Renae, head to the office.

Between 8:45-9:00 (hopefully earlier but this is the more realistic window)—Arrive at work and pretend not to be late.


Noon—Lunch, on Fridays (and sometimes M/W) this means quick Pure Barre class.

1-5–Work, though sometimes I will duck out for 4:15 Pure Barre class.

5:30—My preferred Pure Barre class time, I go almost every single week day and greatly prefer the after work class with my #PBBFF Effie and our group of ladies. Sometimes this is replaced with receptions, fundraisers, meetings or Junior League stuff.

6:45—Begin getting things together for babies' baths. Baths start no later than 7.

7-7:45—Babies are bathed, "greased" (lotioned and powdered) and receive a large Mylicon filled bottle. We try to feed a little bit of veggies or fruits here, but usually they just want bottles.

By 8pm—Babies are in their cribs, unswaddled, lights out. After prayer time, they are usually snoozing.

8:15—Mark and I eat dinner, and watch a few episodes of something. Lately, it's been Sons of Anarchy, but thankfully, we just finished the series this past weekend. I try not to work on homework or freelance projects during this time, saving them for Sundays after Church.

10pm—Bedtime, I'll straight up our room a bit if it needs it, pick out work clothes for the next day, take a shower and get into bed. I usually am asleep no later than 11.

Between 4:30 and 5am—Sometimes Alex will wake up overnight hungry and sometimes he won't. Since he's still very small, and struggles with gaining weight, we will feed him. Fitz will sleep through the night.
Laid out like this, it doesn't seem like a lot....Maybe I should try to squeeze something else in. I've clearly got a little time left over. Hahahahahahahaha, pardon me, I need another cup of coffee and a cupcake.

1 comment:

  1. Busy Momma! and YAY for a flexible job. I wish I had that.
    Thank you so much for joining my Currently link up! I enjoy reading what you are up to. Have a great week! XO Becky


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...