Image Map

Monday, January 7

New Year, New Me


via

I won't wax poetic on New Year's resolutions. I've never been a big resolution keeper, and with Lent seemingly right around the corner it always felt like I was giving up a bunch of stuff all in the beginning of the year. There are some things I would like to be better at with 2013 just beginning. I've seen the people that do little checks on themselves as almost mini resolutions, for each month, of course, I thought about doing that as well. 

But this morning when my alarm went off at 6am for my run, and I successfully pressed snooze until 7:23am I felt…happy. Rested. Ready for the day. So I didn't do the early morning run, whatever. I was in a much better mood. My hair was much messier though.

So that's becoming my New Year's resolution: stop pushing myself to do XYZ. If I do it, great. If not, it will happen some day, some how. New year, new me...sorta. Just like when I discussed how I plan to start using Pinterest, I'm going to take this change one day at a time. While I am making this effort, I'm going to be revamping the blog, saying good-bye to my little bird and hello to a regular posting schedule.

I vowed to make 2013 my year. So as each day passes, as long as I live it to the fullest, I've made that day my day. And little by little I'll make it my year.

I hope to start if off by celebrating another BCS National Title.

Roll tide my friends. Roll tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...