Image Map

Monday, June 23

Currently (Vol. II)


Linking up with Jenna and the Mama Collective girls for a little update.
Currently...
Thinking about: Still working on the house. I made a big dent in getting our bedroom and closet a little more organized (another big bag to Goodwill! Yay!) But it still feels like the house is a bloody mess. I know I just need to let it go and be fine with "whatever" but I am really struggling with wanting it to look, be, a certain way. Apparently, I am a little bit of a control freak and when Mark puts things away it gives me serious anxiety. Go figure. This is going to be a long process, but it's looking better after every weekend. Still need a few things here and there, but the master bed and bath are basically done! Victory is mine!

Reading: A backlog of People magazines from like May. I should probably be ashamed, but honestly, I like the book reviews and sometimes they have really good recipes. It's also helping to clean off my growing stack on the coffee table.

Listening to: World Cup soccer, barking dogs and my own thoughts. Lately, and I don't know why, I've been tuning out a lot of "noise." I still have the radio on in my car, but I don't think I actually hear it most of the time. Sometimes I just really appreciate the silence. I think that comes from too many years of living alone. I go through phases; it's either all silence or the radio/tv/ipod constantly. Right now, I am firmly in the silence phase.

Watching: I haven't gotten really into a show lately, so I'm on the hunt for recommendations. Something I could binge watch on Netflix would be nice! It seems I stick to my standby favorite Criminal Minds, when I have some time to kill eating lunch, folding laundry, etc. However, Mark and I did watch a movie this last week we both loved, which god! what a rarity!, starring, ironically, Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake.

 Runner, Runner was action filled for Mark and had some witty dialogue for me.  Since we watched it via Showtime On Demand, it was nice to have a "movie night" without it costing anything. I definitely suggest you watch it, if the opportunity presents itself. It didn't get rave reviews from the critics, but we liked it. Full disclosure: this is by no means a chick flick, or chick flick pretending to be dude friendly. It’s a movie about online gambling set in Costa Rica. It gets a little violent at times.

 Thankful for: 2/7ths of my little family tuckered out after getting some baths in the summer heat. The fact that one of the cushion covers was in the wash just makes this picture that much better. Please note how desperately I need to order a new couch. I mean hello ugly mother in law hand me down, YUCK! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Life feels so much better when the house is set. I definitely get that; good luck making progress this week! I also get being in silence. Sometimes it's so nice to step back from all life's stimulation and just regroup. Thanks for the movie recommendation-always good to know about a successful couples flick ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels soooo good to take bags to goodwill.

    I agree, that life feels better when the house is all back in order!

    Stopping by from the link up. I am Becky with Choose Happy :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...