Image Map

Wednesday, May 22

#montgomerymove2013

This year, unlike last year, I didn't live tweet the disaster that was my cross-town move. Honestly, I've been too f'n tired. Why? Well, because...May was a crazy month for me. First there was my weeklong story-gathering trip to Florida, which was an adventure all in itself. After five days and nearly 1200 miles, I arrived safely back in Montgomery just in time to move.

Everything about the move makes me want to tear my hair out.

  • First it was a struggle getting everything packed and physically moved from one location to another. (Don't ever move hungover.)
  • Then the power wasn't turned on the weekend I moved. (Oops.)
  • Then there was a problem with the fuse box, which presented a fire hazard. (Yeah...)
  • Then the gas fueled water heater wasn't vented properly, which presented a fire hazard. (Cue a MAJOR freakout by me.)
  •  Now that every one of those issues has been fixed, I finally get to take a hot shower in my own home…and the water is brown. When it's not brown it's got a yellow tint. (Who wants to bathe in brown or yellow water?)
Literally every day has been something. I'm sure one day I'll look back on this and still cry laugh. Until then: I'm buying a case of water bottles, LOTS of beer and wondering why on Earth I moved into an old house.

Because I really can't even broach the subject of unpacking, organizing or rearranging my furniture.
...and I wonder why I can't find clean clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...