Image Map

Monday, April 18

Seriously The Best Cookie Recipe Ever

It is not often I can say without a shadow of a doubt I know something to be completely true. I blame that on being an overthinker and Catholic school. Without a shadow of a doubt, the following is seriously the best cookie recipe ever. I've baked and ate my fair share of cookies, so I can tell you this is easy-peasy and totally delicious—complete crowd favorite at my house.

I got this recipe via my darling and fantastic baker-mentor, my mother, when I was in college. She's been making these cookies since the 1980s. I have no idea how it crossed her path, but my god, I am so glad it did.

Typically, she used to make them at Christmas, and so we called them Santa's Cookies. Now though, we both make them at any/all times of year so I call them Momma's Cookies. Who cares what you call them, they are DELICIOUS. #trust

Previous to this post, the recipe is a print out from my college email address, that she sent me in 2008. I wanted to make them to impress a boy, go figure.
Momma's Cookies
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup coconut 
  • ½ cup chocolate chips 
  • ½ plus 1/3 cup oatmeal 
  • ½ cup cornflakes 
  • 1 cup flour
  • ½ cup brown sugar 
  • ½ cup white sugar 
  • ¼ tsp baking powder 
  • ½ tsp baking soda 
  • ¼ tsp salt 
  • 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted 
  • 1 egg 
  • ¼ tsp vanilla 

Directions
Combine melted butter, egg and vanilla, beating well. Add all dry ingredients, mixing well. Once mixed, flatten dough onto piece of plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours to let butter set. Once butter has set, I usually leave mine in for about an hour and a half, form into quarter-sized/small balls. Bake at 350° for approximately 10 minutes, longer if balls are larger or you like a crisper cookie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...