Image Map

Wednesday, July 1

Bursting Blueberry-Chocolate Bundt Cake

Usually, I can't stop making cupcakes and their breakfast counterpart, muffins. But lately I just haven't been in the mood to. I really have no idea why. Maybe it's the thought of adding more heat when it's already 7000° outside and about 1000° inside.

Then I went to the Montgomery Curb Market and got more blueberries than I knew what to do with. After about four days of just snacking on them out of the fridge, Mark and I were bored. And I was craving chocolate.

So I took a tried and true Southern Living blueberry muffin recipe, added mini chocolate chips, dumped it in a bundt pan and went back to watching White Collar.

OMG, the result was out of this world. It's incredible as a dessert, served warm with vanilla ice cream. But, it's also a very acceptable coffee cake for an on the go breakfast filled with bursting blueberries and a hint of chocolate. #winning

Bursting Blueberry-Chocolate Bundt Cake
Ingredients
3 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
½ cup softened butter
2 cups blueberries
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions
Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk and butter. Pour wet mixture into dry, stirring well. Fold blueberries and chocolate chips into the batter softly. Pour into greased bundt pan. Bake at 450° for about 15 to 20 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean of vanilla batter when inserted.

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing! I just bought a ton a blueberries, too, so I may have to try this one. I'm always looking for something easy to take to work with me for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...