Image Map

Monday, August 31

Currently

*Linking up with Becky*



Currently around the Johnson-Anderson house we are...

Feeling actually well rested after a super fun weekend. This weekend was the Montgomery Dragon Boat Festival and we enjoyed an afternoon on the Riverfront watching all the teams compete, including my sweet friend Jamie and her fiance Jeb. The festival is put on in conjunction with our friend Stephen's nonprofit, Bridge Builders Alabama, and it's a truly great event. Vendors from across the area come out and set up around the water, with live music in the amphitheater. Churches, companies and other community organizations form teams to race in a traditional Japanese style row boat. It's quite the visual. Between races, we enjoyed the splash pad, food stations and, of course, the beer tent.

Still in a little bit of shock. I cut 13 inches off of my hair last week. 13 inches!

I haven't yet gotten used to it, but I hope that whoever it finds, enjoys it as much as I did.

Remembering how much I love the 1989 album from Taylor Swift. It came out right in the middle of my maternity leave, and I swear I played it for hours on end each day. Obviously, I burned out on it around the holidays, but I recently rediscovered it—this song is so good. The quality on this video isn't great, but I really love this song.

So, so, so ready for some football. I mean, seriously, so, so ready. Every fall I'm away from Tuscaloosa, I just want to be back, if only for a few weeks, for games and classes and patio drinkin'....ah, the good life.
Etsy (no longer available) via Pinterest
For some reason I am oddly, overly, optimistic about this week. I hope that means it's going to be a truly great one!
Etsy via Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week and I LOVE your hair!! Looks great!!!

    Thank you so much for joining my Currently series this week! I love hearing what you are up to! Have a great weekend & Choose Happy! XOXO Becky

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...