Image Map

Monday, August 17

What I Read: July

As part of my 15 for 2015, I am challenging myself to read 15 books, and one of my favorite times to read is during the summer. What's better than a little sun and a great story? Nothing. The correct answer here is nothing.

During the month of July I didn't find myself on any beaches, but I was on my fair share of planes. Nothing is quite as good as reading on a cross country flight when you're in an exit row. Hello legroom, nice to see you. 

In July I was able to finally finish Vegas Rich by Fern Michaels, which I started in June and had a bad habit of picking up and putting down, as well as start and finish A Perfect Life by Danielle Steele. 

Vegas Rich by Fern Michaels
via Booktopia
I enjoyed this book, though it was a very, very thick one. Some parts were extremely slow, but I did find myself becoming really invested in the characters. Set during the Great Depression, WWII and the post War 1060s, I really enjoyed following the characters go through so many changes, all under the background of fabulous Las Vegas. I found myself going through spurts where I couldn't put it down and where I couldn't quite bring myself to pick it up. It's apparently part of a series (I have no idea how I got my copy, probably a yard sale find honestly) and I didn't find myself compelled to order the second book‚though it is currently free on Kindle!


A Perfect Life by Danielle Steele
via Random House

L'amour n'a pas d'age. Love has no age.

A love story between a glamorous but complicated network news anchor and a well-bred but semi-simple-living special ed teacher caring for her blind, diabetic daughter. He's younger than her and she's been deeper hurt before... It's really easy to get caught up in the jet setting and Steele paints a vivid picture of network news. It was easy for me to fall in love with this story, for obvious reasons. How could I not love a love story about a couple with an age disparity and a few other surprises along the way? I loved it. Obviously. Did I say that already? While I did cry, I wasn't like wracked with sobs a la a Nicholas Sparks novel, water did come out of my eyes at two distinct points in the 330 some pages. Perfect quick read. I read the entire thing, cover to cover, on a plane from Atlanta to San Diego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...